FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why did I get the dreaded SSSS despite my GE/Pre✓/Nexus status? [merged threads]
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:09 pm
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by DrBTN
Number one shame on me for not noticing something unusual on my boarding pass. I saw the SSSS on my AA MAD to DFW, but had no idea what it meant.

I am AA EXP, Only nondomestic flights have been to the UK Germany and Spain.

I am GE and TSA precheck.

Was not pre-check on my MAD issues boarding pass for my connecting flight so I had gate agent in Dallas reprint my connecting boarding pass hoping you would have pre-check, but did not.

only thing I could think was different was I got a new passport and did not update the passport number in my American Airlines profile and when I put in my passport number when I try to login online it rejected me, But that was before my DFW to Madrid outbound flight and I present my new passport to the airport at a boarding pass no issues heading to Madrid only on the way back from Madrid .

from what I can tell all of my new SSSS extra screen friends were all US citizens heading back to the states.

if he truly is random which I don't believe that makes no sense whatsoever what a waste of resources. Aging myopic dermatologists are probably a low risk group
It happens:
Originally Posted by TWA884
A similar thing happened to my daughter on our way back home from Madrid this past June. She got an SSSS on her boarding card, despite having GE. In addition, she did not get Pre✓ on the boarding pass for her connecting flight in the US. Having that boarding pass reprinted in the US did not bring back the Pre✓. I suspect that American's security contractors in MAD had to meet a quota for secondary inspections.
I'll add that I asked a gate agent in MAD to check my daughter's PNR. Her KTN was there.

BTW, I've merged your question into an existing discussion of that topic.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator