FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaii Luxury Hotels
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2017, 3:28 pm
Cityflyer10

Originally Posted by Siriuscom
sorry to bring this back to life but me and my wife are going to hawaii the first time. This will be our babymoon, either the end of april/beginning of may and we are looking for some guidance.

I looked at the hotels in the luxury segment and I have to say I am not really getting excited... We are big fans of Aman style hotels. Montage to me, the rooms look bland nothing exciting same goes for FS Maui. FS Hualali badly needs an update on the rooms from what I've read. The Hotel Wailea is not on the beach, Honolulu is out because of all the high rises and the masses (I have that in NYC
The only decent rooms were I thought yes that's nice is the Andaz but they supposedly don't have that 5 star service. That leaves me with the FS Lanai. Looks like they recently updated their rooms and I read some good things about them. Am I missing something here?

PS: Asia for us is out due to the long flights since my wife is pregnant and so are any destinations with Zika, which is how we got to Hawaii in the first place.
Andaz suites price similar to lead-in rooms for FS. I would certain put that at the top of my list, if you are fine with being at a bigger resort