FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada & rouge New Routes - Master Thread
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:32 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by expert7700
Rouge front cabin is not allowed (by contract) to be any better in terms of amenities or service includions than AC mainline Premium Economy!

I notice a difference-the rows of J seats are not nearly as crammed together. Meals have 3 selections and are served in courses--not just a meal tray with an aluminum container. Dessert often seems to be cool whip (aka tiramasu), instead of the proper Chocolate Chip cookie baked on board + ice cream. Actual entertainment screen versus an ipad with pixelated premium rouge content loaded due to the lack of wifi.

I often booked a cheap positioning flight to get me from elsewhere in Mexico to MEX, so that I would be on the mainline flight back to YYZ as opposed to on an old Rouge aircraft. Sadly that option goes away in a few weeks too.
You're comparing mainline PLH routes to rouge, which is not the same as comparing mainline to rouge.

E90 flights on mainline never have "served in courses", "Chocolate Chip cookie baked on board + ice cream", or tablecloths, even if they're on a PLH route. So it's not even consistent on mainline for a given route.

I've certainly had 3 choices on rouge. But if you get cookies and ice cream, you had 4 choices, not 3.

If a mainline E90 is replaced by a rouge 319, you won't notice a difference in J.
When SFO-YVR went from rouge 319 to mainline 319/320, the only difference I noticed was the IFE screen.