FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:48 am
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by dr0832
Apparently I am dislexic or have a bad memory. As I said, I mean Vancouver (YVR). I have to attend a wedding there which is why I have to fly through there. What do you mean a saver F? My understanding is it's 70000 AS points all in for first class, which means I can find first, business or economy. When I look for awards from for YVR-SEA-BOS I see 30000 or 60000 points is available. As I said I don't know anything about the codes, F and Y and all that lingo that you are talking about unfortunately.
Alaska requires saver (12.5k for Y/coach/economy 25k for F/first) inventory for partner awards. What you are seeing is anytime (30k Y, 60k F). You will not be able to book a single award if you are only seeing 30k/60k for coach/first on your YVR-SEA-BOS segments. It will be two awards (partner award plus anytime award). This is what I was referring to when I said that transcon F for a CX award is not easy to find.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Mar 11, 2017 at 10:53 am