FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Int'l to Int'l Connections At GRU Without Visa
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:31 am
qfrodo

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by Rover75
If you are suggesting that I am stupid to seek out the experience of actual travelers who may have actually taken the TA flight from LIM to GRU that I am looking at, I respectfully disagree.

In my years of traveling around the globe, I have found no substitute for the actual experience of real travelers when planning a complex trip. This doesn't mean I won't consider a visa, but my original post was very clearly focused on getting specific, experiential feedback from people who had actually transited GRU international to international recently. Theoretical answers just aren't the same.
No, I was indicating that I agree with RafKa that there is a lot or risk.And if you are unable to find anyone with actual experience in doing what you plan, then you will need to decide if the risk is acceptable. RafKA and I are pointing out that it may be wiser to reduce the risk, as you allude to this by mentioning flying JFK-JNB if necessary. Even if you find someone who has done what you plan, things change and people interpret rules differently or with no consistency. You are looking at travel in South America and like asking 100 economists the same question and getting 100 different answers, air travel in South America can be much the same.