FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:32 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dr0832
My mistake I got CX mixed up with AA. AS fly's SEA-BOS. CX fly's YVZ-JFK which is why I needed to add on another flight JFK-BOS. I haven't tried this because I have to call to try and haven't had the time yet. I have enough points for a one way on AS in first class. I have enough points for for a one way using Asia miles or AA in business class. On the way there BOS-HKG in Business class and first is available. On the way back HKG-VYZ is only available in first or economy which is why I was trying to use the AS points.
Do you realize AS program does not let you use more than one partner?

AS award chart is PARTNER SPECIFIC. You can only use CX and AS on one award.

Hence if your needs to go to BOS, the only ways you could do it with an AS award is to either fly CX HKG-BOS, or fly CX HKG-LAX, then AS LAX-SEA-BOS.

You cannot fly HKG-JFK-BOS on single AS award. You could of course, just fly the JFK-BOS using other means whether it is AA/ BA or pay ticket or even by train!

As advised, trying to find CX J and F on the HKG-YVR route either direction, is much more difficult than on the HKG-LAX, or HKG-JFK on either direction.