FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:26 pm
Tafflyer

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That was why I prefaced by earlier reply with the question on whether it was one booking. The wording of the Regulation doesn't make a precise distinction on this, but if it got to court I'm sure the airlines would have plenty of evidence to say you are connecting and therefore it's not 2 trips here. If connecting it's the arrival time that matters. Ironically, if you had been rebooked on to an earlier flight from AMS to London, then you would have had a claim at the 50% rate, so long as it was more than an hour earlier. I actually see this as the Regulation acting as intended. I can see from your perspective it got in the way of your plans at the London end, but that's consequential losses which airlines don't normally cover in any circumstances.
Yes, it's first world problems that I'll miss the night out planned tomorrow and spend it in Amsterdam instead. It does irk me to hear it is because of crew shortages which to me basically means poor planning by BA has screwed me up and I have little to no comeback. But as I said before, there are worse things.