FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:47 pm
lancexfang

I had a gift card issue that took some long time on the call to resolve.

I had two stays. During the first stay, I used a hyat gift card. It had a remaining balance. For some reason the FDA said he couldn’t give it back to me but had to reissue a new card with the same balance. Odd but that’s fine.

One week later, at the end of the 2nd stay, I tried to use it. The balance came up as zero. Not sure why, but probably the first FDA didn’t do it right. No problem. The front desk manager charged the credit card and promised to refund it with the balance that should have been on the gift card.

Refund didn’t come through. So I called back, talked to another front desk manager and reiterated the whole story. He promised to call me back in 2 hours.

No call came. So I had to call again and no one had a clue about previous interactions. Fortunately this time finally got hold of someone that understood and cared enough to solve it on the spot.

But what’s going on with the other folks before her? It might be complicated, but shouldn’t they at least have called me back to communicate? Should I be frustrated?

The catch is, I’m still going back there as this is almost my only choice in this area. Oh well.