FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:27 pm
Roger Lococco

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I would have swam over to him and let him know what he was doing. He likely didn't realize the implications.

We had an issue at Vilu one afternoon. A group of (adorable) children were collecting crabs in front of the eating area. Then putting them in a hole and packing the sand as tightly as they could - I gather to see the crabs crawl back out. They were even jumping up and down on the sand, in what was essentially a crab coffin. Other crabs they were throwing as hard as they could on the ground to see what happened. All in front of their parents and the other guests.

I went over and asked the one group of parents to get their kids to stop. When a group of their friends came back 10 minutes later to create a separate crab prison, and we couldn't figure out who their parents were, my wife went down and in a friendly way told them that the crabs didn't like what they were doing. They stopped and said they were sorry.