FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What explains this forum having so much activity
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:22 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by cruisr
I have become a fan of this forum since it always pops up on the trending now feature that was recently introduced here.

I only usually fly BA once or twice a year for short hops but have flown them in J and F overwater, most recently, I think 2-3 years ago. Except for a flight in F in 2004 (when they still served caviar) I haven't been overwhelmed.

BA is not the largest airline represented on FT but it gets the most activity. I'm thinking, since there seem to be more "challenges" with BA it gets more activity or are the patrons of BA just more invested in their experiences and wish to share them.

I do enjoy reading everything and I guess I have now added to the "activity"
Probably a bit of both, I'd say. BA is getting a bit of a bashing from various directions at the moment (and for the most part deserves it) and a lot of people still have an attachment to it that dates way back before it became the low cost arm of Iberia.

The other aspect is that the Brits of course like nothing better than the opportunity to demonstrate some good old-fashioned class one-upmanship and a forum like this is ideal for that.

There is some long-standing and valuable knowledge here also which aids it, although I feel that of late this is diminishing.

Last edited by V10; Mar 8, 2017 at 3:24 pm Reason: typos