FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walt Disney World Dolphin - Orlando [Master Thread]
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:10 am
Orange County Commuter

I am not sure when darcyt last stayed at the Dolphin but I have been staying there consistently for a few nights several times a year for the past few years.

1. No bathrobes for a long time, nor turndown
2. Resort fee and parking fee have been there for YEARS! Those aren't new and they quit waiving them for elites a long time ago. If you have been getting it waived it was your luck, not the policy. (By the way the Swan charges them too)

My last stay was about a month ago in an upgraded room. Great stay, no issues. Front desk staff was quick to check me in, I did get a small upgrade to a "view", but didn't ask about late checkout as I had to drive over to Jacksonville the next morning so I was out by 10 am.

(As for my last stay at the Lake Buena Vista hotel.. let's just say it was the LAST for a reason. Won't be back. LOL! Marriott has much better options with much better service)

It's a convention hotel, but I have never had any real issues except for valet parking once when they had the entire parking lot overtaken for a convention. When I had to wait an hour for my car I complained and they waived the fee, but I was still mad. If you KNOW you aren't going to have any self parking get more valet attendants!