FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How strict are Finnair on bag sizes?
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:12 am
FFlash

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I searched and found multiple threads, so this can be reoccuring topic, but I chose to shoot here.

Many of my recent flights have been 97-100% load factor. Good for AY, they must show profits if not now, then when ever, but that is not my post about. The consequence is -> cabin bags again.

Really rude, mule, ape-level behaviour of fellow pax. I hate to be on-time (instead of lounge or arriving last-minute) for preboarding just to get my bag in overhead bin since mostly I sit on exit-row.
Then comes the hoard of mules (real story from my latest flight):
Mule 1: I have an OK bag and it fits nicelly, but I have a coat too and I lay it in the overhead bin wide open blocking neatly the way of other bags.
Mule 2: I have two bags as allowed, but the "purse" is a normal carry-on size and the "normal carry-on" is an oversized bag. Both goes nicely to overhead, leaving easy legspace for my tired legs.
Mule 3: I have a bag OK, but I have 4 Johnnys Walking with me to overhead bin.
Mule 4: I come in late amongst group D and space is getting few. I have a seat in row 28 but I see space at row 9 overhead so I stump my bag quickly there, perfect spot. No way I am gonna put it under my seat.
Mule 5: I am a daily business commuter and therefore I have only small laptop bag with me for my daytrip. I board late and just few place in overhead. I have a seat 5 A but all bag place is taken. I see there is still room in row 9, I ram over all other pax and stow my bag neatly there and advice firmly fellow pax NOT to touch my bag as there is an expensive laptop inside. DON'T MOVE IT a centimeter! Then after landing I am in hurry and I jump up first and roam again over fellow pax to pick up the bag before disembarking starts.
Not-mule 6: I am an old mama who is flying first time in life, and I board after everyone else and don't know where I am. I should put my bag somewhere but all place is taken. I humbly ask cabin FA where can I put my bag - "you need to put it underneath your seat"