FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unable to book GIG-MAD-LHR on IB/BA via iberia.com
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:51 am
s1362083

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Unable to book GIG-MAD-LHR on IB/BA via iberia.com

I'm trying to book GIG-MAD-LHR on Iberia.com but it gives an error when trying to book the MAD-LHR on BA. It works OK for IB but that forces a very long layover. I'd like to avoid booking via BA as the price comes out higher.

I have called IB three times; first time was told they can do it so I hung up to transfer points from BA. When I called back the agent said there is no availability on BA despite website showing it. Third agent seemed to find availability but hit the error when trying to take payment. I was told to call back in a few hours but the website has been giving this error for over a week so I don't think its temporary.

Am I missing any simple tricks to get this to work? If not, may be better to pay bit more via BA than to risk losing availability.

Error is:
"An error has occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask you to please try again after a few minutes. If the error persists please contact us."