FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the best resort in Bodrum (Turkey)?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:24 am
theLuxuryTravelExpert

Programs: SPG Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum Executive, LH Frequent Flyer
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Thank you so very much, tcmb99 for your thoughts.

I realize the weather is not ideal for a swim, but was thinking of including it as a stop for R&R. Mild weather, great food, and most importantly, PEACE and QUIET sound ideal. The thought of partying in Bodrum is anathema.

We've been to Istanbul before, but never anywhere else in Turkey, so are already definitely planning on Cappadocia for a few days. And we have somewhere right around two weeks to fill.

Any recommendations for Cappadocia?

And, to stick to the topic at hand, have you any experience at the MO in Bodrum? With Aman closed, it seems to be the only other option (for this board).
Bodrum is a beautiful and very scenic destination, well worth the travel. In the past, I stayed at Amanruya, Jumeirah Bodrum Palace, the MO, and Caresse, all of them great and ultraluxe hotels (although Amanruya was my least favorite one because of it's location on a hill, close to the main road, and not close to the sea).

I am surprised that Amanruya remains closed for the entire season. And I am also surprised that Jumeirah no longer manages the Bodrum Palace hotel. Anyone one knows what will become of the Bodrum Palace?