FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:08 pm
in4tar

Originally Posted by CIT85
My objection was the roll out of WoH. No TSU or DSU until Mar. 1, and the old ones expired Feb. 28.

I requalified for Diamond/Globalist in October 2016. I made my reservations in November 2016 for Mar. 2017 when there were suites available for upgrade. I also had DSU that expired Feb. 28, 2017.

Becuase of the WoH roll out Mar. 1, I could not act on DSU/TSU until Mar.1. Hotel du Louvre had some days that were sold out during my 1 week reservation, so not only could I not use TSU, but likely no upgrade at all.

So the jury is still out on WoH, but the start is crappy.
Like you, I made my reservations (for Vendome) last November for stay in April. Two rooms - one P+C, another just C. I was not able to apply DSU then, but none other Diamond member could either, not for the stay in April.
So - at least from our fellow Diamonds there was no competition.
In my case, I was able to apply TSU on March 1st, the day they posted. To both rooms. So you never know.
If you called March 1st and upgrades were not available, it was not because other Diamonds (err...Globalists) snagged them months before (they couldn't). Most likely they were sold out just like any other hotel can be sold out.