FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Economy Plus Essentials and Economy Plus Enhanced Q&A [CONSOLIDATED]
Old Mar 6, 2017, 6:01 pm
tbessie

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I'm going guess you purchased Economy Plus Essentials which includes E+ seat and 1 additional bag
I believe so, yes. I did that last year for the same trip, as well, and the agents at the airport counter didn't want to honor it (as THEIR system said I only had one bag) - in the outgoing flight, the supervisor agent exhasperatedly gave it to me anyway after I firmly complained about it. On the way back, I carried documentation, and they didn't question it.

If they didn't refund any of my money after all this (and thus I'm paying the same amount, minus the free bag) then I'll see what I can do at the airport; or, perhaps, the complaints department will give me something.

If they haven't refunded anything and I can't get the free bag at the airport, then, in effect, they've charged me for the package I was promised, and then removed part of the package, but had me pay the same price. There's got to be something shady about that, in practice, no?

Additionally the standard process in this situations to to charge you a second time for the E+ and separate fund the first charge. (Terrible approach but it is what is done). The refund may not come until actual travel dates (the house wins the money float).
What does this mean, then? That they charge me the original price, and then charge me more to get back what I'd initially paid for? Isn't that illegal somehow?