FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Economy Plus Essentials and Economy Plus Enhanced Q&A [CONSOLIDATED]
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:35 pm
tbessie

Originally Posted by malgudi
Dispute the charges and also file a DOT complaint, perhaps?
Always a possibility - seems messed up that they should be able to get away with this kind of thing.

What I think I'll do is call back again another day/time, and check to see if they indeed did issue a refund for my upgrade. If they did and they're sure it's going through, then I can just use that money to buy the 2nd checked bag, and write it off as an annoyance (and hope United gets back to me re: my complaint).

Originally Posted by jsloan
I wouldn't do anything (except to check the credit card to find out whether or not the package was refunded). You have the seat assignment, and you should have a receipt that lists two free bags. Bring the receipt with you to check-in. If they insist upon charging you, show the receipt; if they still insist, pay it and then ask for a refund after the fact. (The 'regular' charge for a second bag on SFO-LHR is $100).

I agree that UA's systems could use some improvement, but in this case, I wouldn't worry.
Yeah, I said as much just above - make the best of the annoyance. :-/

Thanks for your additional suggestions. :-)

What's funny is, the current receipt says "1 free bag". The flight details say "2 free bags" - two different systems that don't talk to each other, perhaps?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 6, 2017 at 5:55 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member