FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same-day confirmed and same-day standby options
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:34 pm
waywardflf

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold
Third time's the charm

My schedule for Monday changed, and I thought it would be good to do a SDC to get into YYZ from BOS sooner than 9:30 at night. Once I was in the 24-hour window, and armed with some options for SDC for the FC cabin on my preferred mainline planes, I called the Platinum line for help. The first agent and the background noise sounded like I got a call center in Mumbai, and the agent proceeded to lecture me about how I was not eligible for SDC for my options because I was "only in the A fare class." When I gently pushed back, I got "I know it's confusing, let me explain it to you." I thanked her for her time. HUCA try 2, this time the Cincinnati call center. Same thing, the focus was on my fare class for First Class. HUCA try 3, I told the agent what I wanted to do and quoted back the relevant wording on the web page. Wendy said, "Of course, that's possible for FC as long as there's room," and she did her magic. Earlier departure, and more time in the air, but :-) earlier arrival on something that was not a CRJ.

Total time expended on the phone: 45 minutes :-(

Fly safely,
waywardflf