FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sixt - Atlanta Hartsfield Airport
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:26 pm
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by toumei64
I reserved an XCAR with Sixt a few days ago at ATL from 2/22 20:00 to 2/25 20:00. At 19:30, the car selection in the app only showed an option of some gigantic 15-seater van, so I assume nothing was available at that time. When I arrived around 21:30 after my delayed flight, the only XCAR they had was a 2017 Cadillac CTS with about 2,500 miles on it. It was the relatively loaded premium/luxury/whatever version, but I hate driving Cadillacs so much--they're such awful vehicles. They're a comfortable ride and the engine runs well, but they handle like The Titanic and most of the high-tech safety features barely work or go off randomly (lane keeping assist, forward/rear/side collision warning, etc.).

Their rental area is very small and not well-kept, and they have a very small selection overall. When I picked up the car, they had maybe 3-5 other vehicles, including a Volvo XC60, a Mercedes C300, and some weird small Toyota sedan that I didn't recognize.

I called the next day hoping someone had returned a Mercedes E300 or a Volvo S90. They said that all they had were the Cadillac CTS but they were expecting an E300 later that evening and an S90 late that night. I called back around 22:00, when they said they were expecting the S90, and could not get an answer. I called about 6 times from 21:30 to 23:00 and no one ever answered the phone.
I tried again the following morning around 06:45, and had to call 3-4 times until I finally got an answer around 07:30. The rep told me that the S90 had not been returned and that they had nothing else. So, I gave up.

Next time, I'm going to make a back-up reservation for the National ES so I can at least get something I don't mind driving. I went into this knowing that Sixt is not necessarily known for customer service, but I wish they would stop wasting money on Cadillac. Ugh.
I agree with you on this. I don't think a Cadillac belongs in the same category as a BMW/MB/Audi/Lexus/Volvo, etc. They just simply don't drive very well. Heck I prefer how my Lexus GX handles more than any of the Cadillac sedans I've driven.