FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread
Old Mar 5, 2017, 4:15 pm
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by sleepro
I will be on AA SAN-LAX arriving 10:50 at T5 then JL LAX-NRT departing 13:20. They are under the same AA PNR so I assume I can check the bags all the way through from SAN. Based on wiki, I will be able to stay airside by taking the tunnel from T5 to T4 then the walkway to TBIT. Is that correct? Is 2:30 safe enough for this connection?

TIA
Actually, your flight from SAN will be arriving at the remote Eagle terminal. From there, there are airside shuttles to both T4 and T5. You can walk the rest of the way to TBIT via (the tunnel, if T5, and) the connector.

As far as I know, both flights being on the same PNR, you should be able to check your bags through from SAN to NRT, in which case 2 1/2 hours are sufficient for that connection; however, questions about interlining bags from AA to JL are best answered by the experts in the following thread in the American Airlines forum: