FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Latitude fare flight pass upgrades to business class
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:26 pm
nm761

Programs: AC*S100K MM, Carlson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by yvr76
This is so frustrating. I have to do this with every International Latitude fare. 15 minutes on the phone when they come back and say it's R class. Then asking them to go through the web site, and another 15 minutes.

It's been like this for over a year!
It's a huge issue and wearing my patience quite thin. Roughly 4 out of 5 Latitude FP bookings I make, I end up calling to get the upgrade pushed through. Was successful in all but one case, where the FP booking system shows the flight to be available for an upgrade, and the regular web site shows a waitlist on the same flight, the upgrade was waitlisted and the agents refused to clear it despite the FP system showing the flight to be available (it's not that they didn't care about it, just couldn't do anything).

I had a number of excuses given to me over this whole time, including my favourite: a blue icon indicating that an upgrade is available apparently means that I will be placed on a priority waitlist, whereas the grey icon means a regular waitlist.