FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Latitude fare flight pass upgrades to business class
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:48 am
GJS - yow

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by yvr76
This is so frustrating. I have to do this with every International Latitude fare. 15 minutes on the phone when they come back and say it's R class. Then asking them to go through the web site, and another 15 minutes.

It's been like this for over a year!
Only a year? I've been using Europe Latitude FPs for a few years, and it seems like it has been like this for much longer. The FP flight preview page will show availability for an upgrade, I book the flights, request the eUpgrades, and ... waitlisted! It used to take over an hour on the phone to get them to push the eUp through, often with a "we'll make a one time exception."

I just did this again yesterday, and found the agent on the SE line was fully aware of the issue, said there was "papa class" availability before I even mentioned it, put me on hold while he spoke to some other desk, and had it done in less than five minutes.

He assumed it was worth it to AC to have the agents handle many of these calls, rather than spend a brief amount of time reprogramming the website to note that P availability should automatically upgrade eligible passengers on a Latitude fare to/from international destinations.