FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi ThankYou points - cancel, downgrade & expiration considerations (2012 - 2023)
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:56 pm
nesnith

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Given the known (un)reliability of what phone agents tell you, I have to ask: Was this non-expiration answer correct, or is it too soon for you to tell?
That is certainly a possibility. Before I did the product conversion, I called in 3 times on different dates, and spoke with 3 different agents. Their answers were the same: my account number, and credit line will remain the same, and my points will not expire after a product conversion from Premier to Preferred.

So far, everything appears to be correct within my account. My account number remains the same, even though it now says Preferred instead of Premier. My credit line also remains the same. Within the Thank You portal, my Points Summary does not indicate any of my points will be expiring.

Given that the 3 agents I spoke with gave me the same answer, the probability of them all giving the incorrect info seems to be low. So, I took the step to convert from the Premier to the Preferred.

I will certainly keep you all updated if the situation changes somehow. But, as of now, product change from a Premier to a Preferred doesn't make the Thank You points expire.