FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:10 pm
Cary Berdy

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by mot29
to be a little "gentler" maybe -- I'm not sure if it is so much about competent as experienced and persistent. I think that navigating the various rules and policies (which change regularly) is probably pretty challenging. For those of us with access to FT, we can figure some things out, like this. I'm happy that I usually encounter agents who are willing to listen to me when I explain and then check it out -- as did this agent for you.
tom
fair enough. I'm sure it is hard for the agents to keep up with rules changes, however I'm not so sure it should take all the work we as consumers have to do in order to "make our case" for something DL advertises and pushes as a benefit. I'm certainly not complaining as I had great success in this case, but I find it unfortunate that if I had not taken the time to do this research and try for several days to prove my case, I suspect, like many others, may have given up after the first failed attempt when I was told several times it was not possible unless booking with a crazy expensive full Y,B, or M fare on KLM.

Last edited by Cary Berdy; Mar 3, 2017 at 8:06 pm