FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2017?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:01 pm
mspreh
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Originally Posted by MrMosby
I'll be honest I've gotten equal or better customer service from Discover and Chase (specifically Sapphire lines and Ritz-Carlton Rewards)
Really???

Wow, I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, and I have so many issues it's stupid.

I have had to call in at least 6 times since getting the card (only about 6 months). I've been told lot's of incorrect things about the insurance when renting cars. Trouble combining points from my wife's card (CSP) to mine (still isn't resolved). Long wait times for them to answer, etc......

I've had my Amex for over 25 years. I've called in maybe a dozen times in that 25 years, and they have always made it right, whatever it was they may have been wrong. Including when I was getting married and the venue closed 3-1/2 weeks before the wedding. They had roughly $17,500 in deposits with $10,000 of that for more than a year and half. Amex gave me back all of it, even though their policy is for a much shorter time than that.

My frustration with Chase compared to Amex, is going to prevent me from renewing that card when the annual fee comes up. Even though the travel redemption reward (and 3X points for dining) kills my Amex Platinum redemptions.