FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Egypt visa on arrival questions
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:30 am
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
1. yes: really! And, generally, there really isn't much of a line. The transaction takes only a couple of minutes.

2. not that I'm aware of: I think all the banks in the pre-immigration area sell visa stickers. Probably a good idea to kill two birds and change cash as well. Hand over, say, $100 and you'll get two visas and $50-worth of EGP. Stick the visas in the passport and read for the immigration lines. Simple as that.

3. Nothing preventing you from buying two visas stickers, though probably best to keep the second one separate i.e. don't stick it in the passport until your second visit.
A belated thanks for this very useful reply. We in fact did what you suggested re #3, buying all four visas at one time, and it worked out fine.

FWIW, on our first pass through Cairo (arriving T1) we stayed overnight at Le Meridien Airport hotel and our passage was facilitated by a rep of the hotel who met us [I] before[I] Immigration. On our second pass (arriving T3) we managed the very easy process ourselves.