FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:39 pm
cricketer

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Phil Level
My wife is (mostly) vegan and has called in advance and tried every vegetarian/vegan "special meal" option UA offers. She doesn't like any of them. When time permits, we buy food, either before the airport, or at the airport, and take it on the plane.
Ouch. To be fair, as much as I still get a thrill out of eating airline food, I'd be hard pressed to argue that I can't get something better to go on the ground.

Originally Posted by PTahCha
I upgraded one of my colleagues and ordered him the Muslim meal. Confirmed with the purser that the special meal was boarded. The meal turned out to be curried lentils with a side of lentils as appetizer. According to him, it was delicious, but a lot of lentils.

They are changing up the menu items every month, so in theory the menu items should change.
Delicious is a good endorsement! Sounds like a bit of a lentil overdose, but I can handle that for one meal. Was expecting the Muslim meal to be meat-based though.