FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Regional Upgrades on Delta (pre 2/1/2022)
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:51 pm
StayingHomeIsBetter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Spent 90 minutes on the phone trying to find an RUC-worthy itinerary from PHL to west coast RT.

Outbound was five weeks away. Return was 7 weeks away (admittedly, on Good Friday).

Told the first agent, clearly, that I was looking for itinerary which could UG'd with RUC.

After about 40 minutes of pursuing the paltry options, settled on an itinerary... only to be told by agent that he had been searching for award ticket itineraries.

Spent a few more minutes with him, during which time he offered flights... only to reverse himself and say that those flights were not available.

Requested a transfer to a supervisor.

Determined that the only flight outbound (5 weeks from then) which had an RUC seat (one seat only) was the last flight of the day (one of the flights the agent had offered and then said was not available). And, there were no RUC seats available on any flight (including the prior evening red eyes) on the return (7 weeks out).

Ended up using the RUC outbound, and grabbing an FCM option on the return. Which, not surprisingly, is what I ending up having to do on my last west coast trip.

I am so gratified that DL provides us these valuable RUCs.