FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:00 pm
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by nas6034
So has discussed many pages back are individuals able to successfully "waitlist" awards?
No.

Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Just a PSA.

I spent a LONG time on the phone even though I had already found availability and was ready to feed them to the agent. My BA cross-checked with JAL cathay F and J seats were visible to him but the delay was because he didn't know/believe that NA-HKG-JNB with the HKG stopover counts as one ticket (he wanted to charge for NA-HKG and HKG-JNB as two separate tickets).

Purportedly his supervisor during the first hold told him this but I tried explaining the award chart and routing rule and that there must have been a miscommunication and asked him to check again so he went on hold for almost an hour before giving the OK from supervisor #2.

They offered a couple AS points as an apology for the wait. But PSA: be prepared to be on hold for 2 hours after connecting to the agent.
I've had CX reservations before that have taken this long. I have never received any rebates due to the length of the transaction.