FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa - Canada [Master Thread]
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:13 am
Muerz

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I finally got around to staying here on a trip across the greater Toronto area. I found the resort to be impressive, even in the snow. It's off-season now and the resort was still well staffed, always at least two people working the front desk (even at 6am in the morning), two guys opening and servicing the pool area at 6am, 4 servers at the breakfast buffet...

The room was nice, good quality materials and appliances, well cleaned. Unfortunately they close down the doors to the balconies during the winter season which I hated!
I loved the fact that their swimming pool is heated and open in the winter which allowed me to enter the pool inside and swim outside for a spectacular sunrise over the lake. It is also open very late until 11pm. Great option!
I had food in the evening (very good Steak Tartare!) and I liked the fact that you can order food from their steak house at the less formal lobby bar. Way to go! I also had their breakfast buffet and it was a very nice spread. The server was among the friendliest I had in a long time:
Should there be anything missing on the buffet, just tell me and I make sure the kitchen will get it for you!
The service unfortunately varied from outstanding (see above) to trainee (check in was in training, did not see that I booked a package that included food vouchers and other amenities which needed coupons from their part so a manager had to come and help him...) to indifferent (valet/bell staff).

Now the bad part: Elite recognition isn't their strongest part. Yes, my room was upgraded from Studio no view to a Studio with view room and balcony (which was closed) but this was far from being the best available room and it wan't that busy during my stay (I checked but dis not press the issue). Their is not a single benefit to staying here as an Elite since the Internet access is also included in the obligatory resort fee and this stupid fee isn't discounted for Elites. So, two thumbs down on treatment of Platinum Premiers!

As a conclusion, I'd say that I will certainly return here one day but they have to step up their game for elites and stop hiding behind the Marriott Rewards resort exemptions!