FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Exit Row "willing AND ABLE"
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:23 am
nichelle

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by Often1
Every major study done on survivability in an aviation disaster demonstrates that 100% adherence to safety rules is a major factor in outcomes. It is not about each particular aspect of the rules, but rather about training and taking it all seriously.

Thus, life vests may not matter on a flight which does not have an over-water segment (although I suppose there is always a lake or river somewhere), but the fact is that when training is drummed into the crew, the crew take it seriously, enforce it and do not get into disputes with passengers who all seem to know better (just look at this thread), things go better overall.

The fact that someone with an infant is seated at the exit window and that is not spotted by the FA and you comment on it here means that you saw it, knew that it was an issue and apparently did not raise it.

It was your safety at risk. This is not about someone sneaking up to C+ or grabbing a beer off the cart, but your safety.

So, hit the call button or raise the issue discretely.
If I'd seen it first, I would have said something. I was seated on the opposite side of the plane, one row back. I didn't see them board and sit in the exit row. I became aware of it when the second FA came back and reseated them. Maybe it's because I'm pretty short but the only thing I saw was the back of the man's head in the row.

I can understand your concern, but your assumption isn't correct.