FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TD Aeroplan Visa Credit Card (USA version)
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:22 am
notalk28

Programs: AC 75K, Marrott Platinum, BW Diamond, AP Diamond
I have churned this card twice and I have received the points both times but not without a little work. It seems like they always open up a new AP account so getting it linked to your AP account is tricky, Nobody from the TD call center has a clue about this card and always try to get me to call Aeroplan to sort out the point issues. Regardless, if you see a new number on your statement, you can always call AP to get them to link the accounts after the fact.

Also remember, you will only get your points once you reached your minimum spend. And it is not within 90 days, it is within 3 statements which can occur after just two months. When I received my CC I got my first statement pretty much in the same week. So know your down to about two months to spend $1000 USD

My wife is currently talking with TD because she technically didn't meet her spend in the first three statements because of this. But after talking with them the second time they did state she actually made the thousand dollar spend in time, but they didn't post till a few days later. The girl on the phone said she will try and get them for us but I am tired of calling up, so who knows were this will end up. We may get them but we might not as well.

But I can say, I have applied twice and received my points both times. I try and get a card just before we head to the states for a few weeks so I am using it in the USA. You will pay commission fees otherwise. Also, be aware, you will only receive the points on your statement and only when they get generated - common knowledge, but many people think they can post any given day. So if you don't spend on your card in a month and a statement doesn't get generated, you may not receive any bonus points that month if you were due any. You statement will always show was points you have received from them each month, if they don't show up there, you won't see them in your aeroplan account.