FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delayed EDI-LHR-LIN flight and missed connection advice please.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:43 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Oh dear, Tiffy, at least you're in the perfect lounge for a delay. I think you can now reasonably ask for some fizz, given the shock you have had today. And I don't need to tell you anything about yard-arms.

Originally Posted by Tiffywren
1. Are the remaining 4 flights to Milan very busy? (Will I get there today or will it be tomorrow?)
The 14:55 flight is wide open (BA568), the 18:30 (570) has a few seats. The two Malpensa flights at 16:35 and 20:20 have some spare seats (580, 584 respectively). MXP isn't a bad alternative to LIN, and there are other locations in North Italy too, if you're in a push/shove scenario. And there's Alitalia..... I was once routed via Zurich, which would have been painful except I slipped onto a fast train and was in central Milan fairly quickly.

Originally Posted by Tiffywren
2. Is the FCC as shown in the Dashboard guide where I go to get a new boarding pass?

3. Will BA LHR know I'm missing my connection or do I need to do something here?
You need to go to the Flight Connection desk in front of gate 5, where they can rebook you. However if you have the App, keep refreshing that, and look at My Bookings, not the home page. It should rebook, though normally only after the EDI sector is shown as departed. If you're very lucky you may even get a boarding pass directly via the App.

Don't worry, you will get there, relax and enjoy the EDI lounge. There's no harm asking the lounge agents to have a look at it, but probably they can't do very much with the so-called on-carriage flight.