FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WN's new reservation system aggressively cancels duplicate bookings
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:39 pm
TheScooter

SWA (WN) Cancellations

I had this actually happen to one of PRE-MAY tickets (Flight is in March 2017). I booked our flights on RR Points last year (2016) when the MARCH 2017 schedule opened up. Then I qualified Companion Pass this year (2017). Added my daughter as Companion. Then booked the Companion flight to mine. Well - last week saw emails of Flight Cancellation - noticed it was for the flight I booked on my daughter on Points. But it left the Companion Pass booking. I called to find out what is going on. Was told that 'Corporate' noticed the duplicate booking and cancelled the Duplicate. Wise enough to know that the CP flight was the one to keep. The agent said that Corporate has been busy with that because too many people keep booking multiple flights, 'then forget' they have multiple bookings, and making it difficult on agents either on day of flight or after when trying to rectify credit, points, etc. for flights the were note cancelled ahead of time correctly. I suspect it is also starting to mess with their capacity planning for butts in seats too.

I have some flights in late May with the same situation, but nothing cancelled yet (fingers crossed - they let me be to manage myself)