FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forums for airports UPDATE 24 Feb: Destination forums now show major airports
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:30 am
glg

Originally Posted by Prospero
I am happy to share some of the data collected which SanDiego1K referred to during her review of the USA Destination forums. As you can see, several parent forums (Mid-Atlantic, South, and Midwest) were not receiving very much traffic at all so it is hoped they will perk up as a result of combining these forums together with their constituent child (city) forums.
Your numbers confirm what I found. Chicago and DC had similar traffic to LA, SF and LV. If Chicago and DC get cut, those should be cut too.

I'll reiterate that what really set me off about this is that it was done without announcement. I logged in yesterday to find the Chicago forum *gone*. My subscription wasn't updated to Midwest, it was just gone. As SanDiego1K said, it's tough messing with the structure of Flyertalk, it's going to make people mad. A big way to help alleviate that is communication. Instead of just wiping them out, why not have a separate thread about forum consolidation here (instead of burying it in this thread about forums not having airport codes) and post a link to said thread in each forum that's going to get removed.