FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chennai Restaurants for complete US based India newbie
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:00 am
sgw2124

Programs: UA 1K/Million Miler, AA Platinum, Starwood Preferred Gold, Marriot Gold, HHonors Silver
[QUOTE=Sweetpea 2005;27959166]HI All - Ok Checking in Form Chennai - Looking for great restaurant for tonight, Thanks so much for your thoughts. We went to Peshawri in ITC _ My colleague originally liked it - then we went again and I think we were not a fan... but we wondered upstairs and it looked like 2 amazing restaurants - at least pretty, Has anyone been to the Italian and Vegetarian ones on 2nd floor of ITC? (Ottimo Cucina or Royal Vega)

I have been to Ottimo Cucina on each of my stays at the ITC Grand Chola, for me it was decent Italian food. The pizza is thin crust and quite good, the pasta dishes are good. I did not care for the meat based main courses, something about the way they prepared the chicken did not work for me taste wise. I always avoid the salad, even in 5 star restaurants in India, just a precaution I take. Service can be a bit leisurely paced, and the prices are high, but food quality is good.