FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does EK still op-up QF WP on overbooked flights?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:50 pm
igel

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Question Does EK still op-up QF WP on overbooked flights?

Hi everyone,
I guess we all know that at the start of the QF-EK partnership and until recently, many of us (including myself) have been op-upped quite regularly by EK gratis, whether booked as QF code-share or under the EK code, including on saver and sale fares (either marketed by QF or EK).
Just checking if anyone has been op-upped since EK changed their op-up priority to fully flex fares, even if booked under the QF code instead of the EK code?
On the EK forum, it is clear that EK now only prioritizes EK frequent fliers booked under their flex fares. Have they completely stopped op-upping any one booked under the QF code, even it it is one of the QF Y or J Flex fares?
If this is the case, I think in future, I would select the QF operated flights in J rather the code-share operated by EK if there is no longer any chance of being op-upped to F. Ex-MEL, I find the catering in QF J better than on EK J, and the QF MEL-SIN flights land in Singapore at more decent times. One of the problems of being stuck in EK J is that if J is full, service can be rather slow and sometimes inconsistent, whereas the QF A330s have at most 28 pax if fully occupied.
Cheers, Gerald