FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on a 16 days itinerary
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:45 pm
Rickardz

10/10 Perche thanks for the response.

I do want to use Florence/Rome/Naples as base, and then I thought Sorrento for the Amalfi Coast but Positano would be a better choice? Let me try to clear out some things, I should've been more in depth to begin with.

Day 4: I was thinking day trip to Pisa and then back in the evening to Florence -- but then I'm thinking I don't really need a whole day in Pisa. So maybe 1-2 Florence, then on the 3rd day I can make a detour to Pisa when leaving Florence, then take the bus on my way down to Rome and stop at Orvieto/San Gimignano or whatever. Or maybe train from Florence to Rome is easier/faster/cheaper and I can make a day trip to somewhere north of Rome.

After 2 days, might be nice to get out of town, away from the crowds, into a smaller, quieter town, breaking up the stay.
Good recommendation, I hadn't thought of that. So straight from Florence to Rome, then on the last day in Rome, I can make a day trip to Orvieto.

As for Naples and Pompeii, so then I could still spend the 2 days in Naples, but do half a day in Pompeii, go back to Naples and get ready for the last part of the trip.

About Capri, I've been told that 4 hours is enough, so my initial plan was staying at a hotel in Sorrento, taking the ferry to Capri in the morning, and be back in Sorrento by the evening to continue to the Amalfi Coast.