FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forums for airports UPDATE 24 Feb: Destination forums now show major airports
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:40 pm
glg

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thanks for your comments. It's always such a delicate process to change any of the structure of FlyerTalk. I wish I had the wisdom of Solomon.
And now you'll get some complaints for not being Solomon

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
3 city forums were rolled into their regions. Those are Chicago, Washington DC/Baltimore and Orlando. I expect to merge two regional forums into one.
It seems very arbitrary that you've left San Francisco, LA and Las Vegas but cut Chicago (I can't speak to DC/Orlando). I usually use the "2 week" view, looking at what's in LA, SF and LV compared to what was in Chicago yesterday, it's pretty similar, even less in LV. NYC has more traffic. I'm going to be a touch mean, but your handle says you're in Cali, what you've left looks like a pretty west coast focused decision.

If you're cutting city forums, either leave it or cut them all. *Maybe* leave NYC. Though since Paris and London were cut in the past, should just cut them all.

In the future, I would suggest posting an announcement a week or two ahead of time in the impacted forums. I don't normally read this forum. All I saw is that Chicago had disappeared from my subscribed forums this morning. I had to dig around to find Midwest. I then looked around for any kind of announcement and couldn't find one. I didn't check this thread because the thread title says nothing about forum consolidation.

Last edited by glg; Feb 25, 2017 at 7:46 pm