FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! Step-by-Step: How to book a Star Alliance award ticket with Miles & Smiles
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:16 pm
sydunipete

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by alex1111111
Need an advice.

I am trying to redeem my TK miles for an award ticket on TG SYD-FRA via BKK. Turkish award chart clearly states that first class limited capacity OW between Oceania and Europe-2 is 80,500 miles. TK phone agent confirmed limited capacity O-class availability & created PNR for me (80,500 miles in total) -- that part went surprisingly well

However my local THY sales office in Sydney now refuses to issue a ticket -- apparently their system calculates total cost as 115,000 miles (which is for 'seat guaranteed' type of O award and not limited capacity).

Their latest explanation is that 80,500 limited capacity is for direct-only flight (Australia-Europe direct - good luck with that) & that the phone agent was wrong.

What can I possibly do in this situation?
Have you tried the call centre? Perhaps your flight dates doesn't have discount seats available?

Do let me know how you go. I'm also in Sydney and about to book SYD-ARN return in business. Your experience with doing this from Sydney will be of great value. Good luck.