FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Five days in/around Munich
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:24 pm
highlanderfil

Originally Posted by offerendum
You are 6 days in MUC and like to do plane spotting. Mostly you will see the usual candidates.
I've been to Munich proper on a couple of occasions, so I'm not worried about six days being so short a time period that I shouldn't indulge in a favorite hobby. It's an activity that takes up two hours, at most (plus I am given to understand there's a museum by the airport, as well). And I'm not sure what you mean by "usual candidates" - what's "usual" in Munich is not usual in Detroit, I can assure you...
Problem could be the km-Limitation. Otherwise do a trip to Berchtesgaden and Salzburg. It´s 100 km less each way compared to Liechtenstein and preferable in my eyes. Classical trip is Füssen (Neuschwanstein). Also Chiemsee, Linderhof, Zugspitze, Starnberger See and Tegernsee are options.
I may have another opportunity to visit Liechtenstein, so you're right, I may just skip it. I've also been to Salzburg and Neuschwanstein. The other locations I am definitely going to check out, thank you.
If you like technics Deutsches Museum is worth a visit.
Neat! I am definitely going to put it on my list. This is probably a good activity for the 4th, in the morning, before leaving.

Last edited by highlanderfil; Feb 24, 2017 at 12:31 pm