FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2017
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:45 am
miadukes

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
Continuing the old thread, thanks GUWonder, for that tip about Choice and Scandinavia. I haven't redeemed in Scandinavia in a few years, but I have a trip planned for 2017. I guess I'll need to review the "carnage" -- which isn't necessarily so easy to do given that Choice (unlike all the other programs) doesn't let you book a stay more than a couple months in advance. Obviously, another reason to be "conservative" with Choice points buying. Of course, we don't even know yet what price they'll be selling those points for.

Frankly, in general, I doubt that Daily Getaways will have blockbuster deals this year. I might just wind up with a few Alamo certificates.
I'm quoting you since we were talking about choice points but yes for me, it doesn't matter for use in scandinavia (although I would love a trip anywhere there) choice points for me are still the best bang for the buck for my local stays as well as for my weekend getaways, i can often redeem 6k and 8k nights so i will be stocking up on these no matter what. The most I spend is 16k and even that is a good deal, considering if they sell them more or less like last year. Let's see. I am glad to see that competition will be less but I still plan on stocking up on these as these get me about 75% of my nights throughout the year.