FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forums for airports UPDATE 24 Feb: Destination forums now show major airports
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:39 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by empedocles
So in the process we consolidated the USA Destination fora and added one for the Pacific NW?

I was wondering what was going on yesterday when the Orlando forum had nothing in it.

I always thought the Orlando and DC fora received decent traffic, so a little surprised they got rolled into others.
Thanks for your comments. It's always such a delicate process to change any of the structure of FlyerTalk. I wish I had the wisdom of Solomon.

3 city forums were rolled into their regions. Those are Chicago, Washington DC/Baltimore and Orlando. I expect to merge two regional forums into one. Florida will roll into the South and the New England and Mid-Atlantic will be merged. Our destination forums are not nearly as active as the hotel and airline forums that are core to FlyerTalk. Hopefully merging a handful of destination forums will mean more eyes on the threads within those forums. Once upon a time, we moved Paris into the France forum and London into the UK forum. Those moves worked out well. I hope that these do as well. Another change we've made is to move the city forums up to the level of the regional forums, thus making those that remain much more obvious.

This all came about because of dj_jay_smith's request that we have airport forums. We do, we just didn't make it clear. And since we were committed to updating forum descriptions, it was the perfect time to take a comprehensive look at all the destination forums. We'll also be doing a refresh on the rest of the world forums. While we will undoubtedly disappoint some people who understandably don't like their favorite forum rolled up into a larger one, I really believe that on the whole this is a positive move for FlyerTalk.