FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bathroom amenities in Marriott Brand
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 17, 6:38 am
Gatorsf

Programs: SPG/Ritz/Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Cool

Originally Posted by Vince Chan View Post
I am not sure about other Marriott brand but now almost all of JW's Bathroom amenities is all the same in every property. Don't you feel this is a little kind of boring? It's like mcdonald.

I remember they used to have different products in different property, for some premium one like JW in Hong Kong was using bvlgari . Now it's replaced.

Discovering different bathroom amenities is part of the experience for staying in a luxury hotel. For example at Four Seasons, you can usually expect some real nice bathroom products from those brand name. I a, not sure about MO or Ritz Carlton, but I feel they are cutting their expense in this area and starting using the same products in every property.

The JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul using L'Occitane, anybody knows why? I though it is mandatory for owner to using the same products from the company that sign agreement with Marriott Chain.
I really don't want to be a troll here and certainly don't want to quash your right to raise the topic, but I have to say that this entire screams First World Problems at its worst. I have never gone to any luxury hotel and rated them on their brand of shampoo. I'll knock them if amenities are missing but not because they used L'Occitane or Dove.