FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avios hotel cancellation- Can anyone help me from pulling out all my hair?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:14 pm
Legalbee

Just an fyi for those who were interested in the outcome and it saves me from sending pm's too

Heard back from the email I sent by getting an email asking me to call since they cant respond by email(rather bizarre but in any event...).

While they realize that the confirmations we received is unclear and wrong, in the fine print (which I could have found so I was told) it says non cancellable. The fact that I relied on the confirmations and changed flights because we believed we could change dates of no consequence to them.

I would, esp for those used to dealing with Aeroplan, Membership Rewards , through Amex and other NA programs be very careful transferring points to BA for hotel/car bookings. Unlike the North American programs they are Im told non cancellable for the most part (unlike AP which is just like booking a regular hotel and if one cancels far enough in advance ie 24/48/72 hours usually the points are completely refundable. In our case we've lost 40000+ points , in another case if they don't chg the confirmations it could be a whole lot more.