FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Egypt visa on arrival questions
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:22 pm
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
A few questions about visa on arrival in Cairo, for when my wife and I arrive there next week:

1. Is the process as simple as just getting on line at a bank and buying the stamp at $25 per person? And should we simply go to whichever bank has the shortest line?
2. Are there certain bank lines that are for money changing as opposed to visa stamps?
3. We're actually going to be in and out of Egypt twice in a period of about three days. Am I correct in assuming that we need to go through the visa on arrival process twice?

Thanks for any help!
1. yes: really! And, generally, there really isn't much of a line. The transaction takes only a couple of minutes.

2. not that I'm aware of: I think all the banks in the pre-immigration area sell visa stickers. Probably a good idea to kill two birds and change cash as well. Hand over, say, $100 and you'll get two visas and $50-worth of EGP. Stick the visas in the passport and read for the immigration lines. Simple as that.

3. Nothing preventing you from buying two visas stickers, though probably best to keep the second one separate i.e. don't stick it in the passport until your second visit.