FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MileSAAver / SAAver award reduction / scarcity discussion
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:55 am
JIMCHI

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by wandertheglobe
Wow, I researched a flight for July using KVS like I have for the past many, many years, found a route (that included a DFW-HKG start), confirmed all segments were available and called friendly award desk to book... not... only to find out that the DFW-HKG award in July is not a milesaver but an anytime award, huh,... how far out is this?... This was going to pull 197500 miles out of my account and that was for one way! So I quickly came to FT to find out the latest and learned that I am just another chump to be on the AA train. AA's frequent fliers have been with them long enough to accumulate 100's of 1000's of miles - are now rewarded by opening a few milesaver awards a few days before departure. Milesaver by definition was intended to reward upfront planning, etc. and Anytime meant that, ANYTIME, like I need to go tomorrow!

She was very friendly and I got the sense she has had this conversation before and encouraged me to call back and try again later... And I thought the reward devaluation was bad... Now I need to see if KVS will tell me what kind of inventory is available... Will let you know if I have any success...
Did you check KVS again after you spoke with AA and were the seats still showing available?