FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Egypt Air business: $1050 LCA-NYC-ATH incl. summer months
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:29 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by moe8555
Out of curiosity, what would happen if someone bought a few small 50ml bottles at the duty free and brought them on board? Would they have a problem with that?
Not much will happen if you are discreet: Egyptians are polite, even though the crafty drinker is not. You would risk offending other passengers - believe it or not, some select dry carriers because they are uncomfortable in an environment where alcohol is served.

​​​​​short answer is if you need to drink, it's short-sighted to fly a dry carrier. If there's a significant cash saving on the ticket, be gracious and accept nine hours abstinence as the quid pro quo for the cheap ticket.

Originally Posted by henkybaby
I don't think it is 'angled', but not fully flat either. It is reportedly quite comfy. The same like the 777 EK seats. The problem with it is more F&B than anything else. For those simply not wanting to spend 9 hrs or so sitting upright, it is a perfectly valid option.
I've spent a good few hours on MS aircraft. Cheap fares and in *A. I can't attest to the flatness of the seats: I'm not hung up on just how flat onboard beds are. But I can say they are as flat as I need and perfectly comfortable.

And after completing a transcontinental red-eye in an AA First cradle seat, the MS cabin looks like heaven.