FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLEAR comes to MSP
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:45 am
TheLifeOfA_NKCM

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Supposedly today is the day, but I'm not at the airport and I haven't yet seen any pictures with CLEAR that I recognize as MSP (as opposed to TV coverage that's seems to have been filmed at other airports).

There's a StarTribune article which seems to have been written by someone who has never used CLEAR. There's mention of the CLEAR machines printing a slip of paper (self service) that you give either to a CLEAR employee or the TSA document checker. [This isn't the procedure I've experienced in any airport.] They say that DL elites get discounted prices and give numbers but don't state that it's free for DMs.

It will be in Terminal 1 at both the south (near the DL elite check in area and the F/G SC) and north (other airlines, but closer to the C SC) TSA checkpoints, but not in Terminal 2 (Humphrey, mostly LCCs). Both checkpoints have supposedly already been reconfigured, but I haven't seen any information about the new setup.

This is very good news as the expectation seemed to be that CLEAR wasn't going to arrive here in time to alleviate the spring break mess that we experience every March.

I'm expecting our mods to move this into the DL CLEAR thread, but initially putting the information in a new thread will cause DL customers to notice it.
Just checked CLEAR's website, it's still not updated yet. I'll hold off for updating the wikis until they confirm this. KARE11 mentioned CLEAR today as well, however I don't know how/if its configured as they just ran old B-Roll. I'll be there hopefully next week to see the reconfig in person. Paging CarmenOM..

Getting mixed vibes here.. Some sources say MN has kiosks, others say its open, and others say the lines will be reconfigured soon. Will update wiki accordingly as well as forecasts as I get more info.

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Feb 22, 2017 at 8:07 am