FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [LEAVING 1 Sep 2022] Protea Hotel Kruger Gate, Skukuza, South Africa [Master Thread]
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:04 am
kcaluwae

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
This hotel is odd - they even claimed that they do not participate in Marriott Rewards while the front desk is drowning in 'Join Marriott Rewards' stickers. If you have the option book with 7,500 MR points - better deal and no troubles getting the booking done/ making changes online.
Unfortunately no availability with points on our dates, otherwise I would have chosen a points redemption for sure.

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
This part sounds like a problem with Google, not Marriott. Marriott has no control over how a third party program marks emails as SPAM/phising.

It does sound like Marriott needs to clarify the deposit requirements for this hotel. But, I wouldn't expect them to be able to fix your Gmail. That's between you and Google.
Gmail has 1 billion users (that was beginning 2016, probably more by now). I would expect that a multi-national company tests how their mails are being treated by the major e-mail clients. I have no special settings in my Gmail account, this is not a plugin, this is just basic Gmail functionality. I cannot alter this behavior. It would have been good if Gmail included some 'This is not a phishing mail' functionality but they didn't.

UPDATE: There's an option to show the original mail as plain text. There I see the link but if I copy/paste the link it still does not work, I get a timeout on loading the page...